Saturday, February 28, 2009

A night of grocery shopping . . .

It finally worked out that I was able to go with Lisa grocery shopping at Smith's last night. She helped me save $62 bucks, it was fabulous! I have kinda slacked off the last few months with my coupons, but going to really try to stay on top of things and go with Lisa once or twice a month. Of course once I drop her off, she sends home 2 more large grocery sacks full of treats for Troy and the boys from the Johnson grocery store she has in her basement. Lisa you have a big heart and I love you!

After our 3 hours at the grocery store we decided to hit McDonald's for an ice cream cone for the ride home. While driving home on main street in Brigham, I get pulled over. I realized when I pulled out of McDonald's I was speeding and before the cop pulled me over I slowed down, but of course it was too late. It took me a minute to pull over since the movie theater was packed and being main street there wasn't much room to pull off the side of the road.

Now once I get nervous I start to talk really fast! The officer is like "first you need to calm down and take a deep breath." Then Lisa and I just started to laugh. The officer then proceeded to tell me they were looking for alcohol. I told him we had ice water and diet coke on the rocks would he like to smell or have a taste. By that time back up had shown up and a lady officer was shining a flashlight in my truck searching for booze. I told the cop that we had been grocery shopping and he was welcome to look. Good thing I didn't stock up on beer for Troy! LOL!

After he took my registration and drivers license I rolled up my window so Lisa and I could continue talking and enjoy our ice cream cones. I didn't notice him coming back so he had to tap on the window and scared the shit out of me, I got ice cream on my nose! I didn't get a ticket thank goodness, he just told us to be safe and slow down. Lisa and I laughed all the way! Never a dull moment when the two of us are together.

5 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

You two crack me up!!! You are sooooo lucky. And I love that they were looking for beer. You drunken fool :) LOL I am glad you had such a good time.

Jen said...

That's hilarious! I'm glad you didn't get a ticket. That totally would've put a damper on the savings at the store hu?

Lisa said...

Loved our evening and look forward to the next, minus the cops lol! Love you!

Brittni said...

What a fun story. Stupid cops :) Congrats on the successful shopping trip! I need one. I'm going to make Steph take me with her next time - I'm freaking clueless.

Jamie said...

That is a really funny story! You are so lucky you got out of the ticket!
That is great about the coupons! Do you have any websites that give you tips?