Friday, February 20, 2009

TJ's first ear infection . . .

TJ has been recouping from an ear infection, the poor little guy. Tuesday night about 9pm he woke up just a screaming! When I went into his room he was holding the side of his head and said that it hurt. TJ is still in the race car toddler bed so my first thought was he rolled over and hit the side of the bed. I cuddled him for a minute, tucked him in and he was out. Not 15 minutes later the screaming started again. That's when I knew it was something more. So from 9pm to 2am TJ and I were up every 20 minutes trying to make him feel better. Nothing worked, not snuggling, not Tylenol, not even a warm wash cloth.


Just before 11 the poor kid threw up everywhere! I put him in a warm bath and got his favorite blanket in the washer. He was devastated that he couldn't have his blanket back right away, but once I gave him my fleece blue blanket (yes the same one I have had since High School! LOL!) he was content for a bit. Of course once his was washed and dried I put his blanket on his bed so when he woke in the morning he would have it.


TJ and I headed to Logan first thing Wednesday for his doctor's appointment. It was confirmed TJ had an ear infection. Not bad to be two and just having his first ear infection. Since Troy was sleeping after all working night, Hunter was a pre-school I decided to take TJ to work with me for a bit. He was a trooper. I brought the DVD player so he watched Horton Hears a Who and CARS. We had lunch in the breakroom and a friend here at work even bought TJ a monster truck toy that she saw while getting gas! He was pampered all day! As you can tell from the picture below, it's hard work spending the day with mommy at work. LOL!

TJ slept for almost two hours that afternoon while I worked. Troy called while TJ was napping and I couldn't see any point in waking him up just to meet Troy so instead of being at work with me for just a few hours, it ended up being all day. Glad I have good bosses, they would rather me bring in my two year old, than work from home. LOL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

You do have good bosses! What a cutie-pie!

Adam and Sherry said...

you are so lucky that he was 2 before his 1st infection I honestly can't believe it. He is growing so much I can't believe it.