Friday, April 25, 2008

Kool-aid

Okay so this is really funny . . . Hunter is almost 4 1/2 years old, TJ is 18 months and today was the first time we made Kool-aid. I don't care for the stuff, never wanted the mess, plus I didn't want my kids drinking straight sugar.

Well my dear friend Shelly always makes kool-aid for her kids and my boys when we are over at her house. It wasn't until about a month that I found out that they make invisible colored kool-aid! I know it's probably been around forever, but like I said it's not something I wanted to buy at the grocery store. The boys have had the crystal light flavored drinks, so no they haven't gone completely without!

Troy and I are a sticklers with milk, the boys have to drink a glass at every meal. Well I made the mistake of buying chocolate milk, rather than just using the chocolate powder and now that is all the boys want. So since I work in Logan, I stopped at Gossners and bought a case of chocolate milk, in single servings!

So anyways back to the kool-aid story . . . the boys and I stopped at the grocery store on our way home tonight and I got the grocery shopping done for the weekend. I thought I would be brave and buy the invisible kool-aid. We got home and Hunter asked to make it, so I told him he had to get the 1 cup measuring cup out of the drawer while I got the pitcher. When I put the pitcher on the counter, he asked "what's that?" So sad! LOL! It's an old fashion juice pitcher where you pump the handle up and down to mix the juice.

Hunter had to get the sugar himself (1 cup for the pitcher another half a cup on the counter!) We added the package of kool-aid, cold water and he pumped away. I got the spiderman cup of course for Hunter and TJ a sippy cup . . . as soon as Hunter tasted it he goes "yuck mom that's not how Shelly makes it!" I just chuckled, but of course I had to call Shelly to see if I really had made the kool-aid wrong. Come to find out I just bought the wrong flavor! Kids, always keeping me laughing! TJ didn' care though, he loved that he got to leave the kitchen with his drink. Yes I am a stickler with that too! The boys have to keep their drinks in the kitchen and can only have water in the TV room. Mean Mean Mom that I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute. It's funny that they thought you made it wrong. I usually buy the sugar-free kool-aid and mix it with Pedialite when Harli is sick - it adds flavor but it's still sugar-free.