Thursday, April 24, 2008

32 Today

It's hard to believe that I am 32 today. Where does the time go? Of course my cute mom was the first one to call this morning, she is such a great mom! Lots of family and friends called or emailed, thanks everyone!

Of course I had to wear one of my cute summer outfits that Troy and mom bought me. I was really hoping it would help out the weather situation, but not so much in Cache Valley since it snowed all damn day!

It was just another day at the office. I didn't advertise to anyone that it was my birthday, but word finally got out just after lunch, so my boss bought a yummy snickers chocolate cake and we shared it with the office. In the late afternoon I received a vase of flowers from LaRue. They are really cute and brightened up the office since the weather was so crappy outside!

My great friend Shelly had all of us over for dinner tonight. She made homemade lasagna with spinach and everything. It was delicious and the boys loved it too. She served yummy garlic bread and salad too. Keigh, her son, made a fun dessert. It was chocolate pudding on the bottom with smashed oreo cookies on top and gummy worms mixed in. It really was a nice night. To top it off Troy was able to get off at 6 and we got to spend the evening with him. Shelly and her family gave Troy and I a night out next Friday for dinner. She even included a sitter for the boys if we cared to use that too! Shelly's parents joined us for dinner as well and Glenda (Shelly's mom) gave me the cutest towels & hot pads to match our kitchen. We were way over due for towels and hot pads! They look great in our kitchen! It's nice to have such great friends!!!

I can't wait until Sunday. Every year since I was a little girl my mom has made me a homemade pound cake. Real butter, lots of sugar and a dozen eggs. It is so yummy. Troy is lucky if he gets one piece. She only makes it once a year, and boy is it worth it! I will let you know how delicious it is next week! LOL!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad you had a wonderful bday ! You deserve it!!

Laura Stephens said...

I'm 32 too! Yay for 32! :)