Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday party, camping in the driveway and a friend from the past . . .

It was so nice to have decent weather this past weekend. On Saturday I took the boys to their cousins birthday party while Troy worked. Both Grandpa Lane and Grandpa Steve participated in the festivities . . . Hunter was a trooper and wore his hat for a bit . . .
Hunter and I . . .
TJ's hat didn't last but a minute . . .
TJ was thrilled to have his picture taken with me . . .
When Troy got home from work on Saturday, while the boys and I were still in Ogden, he got our 5th wheel out and started to get it ready for camping season! Troy asked if Hunter had been a good boy in Ogden because if so he had a surprise for him when we got home. Hunter couldn't wait to see what is surprise was . . .
He and dad had a camp out in the drive way! Hunter was in 7th heaven! Of course I didn't sleep much because Diesel was up half the night wondering where Jake was. Troy took Jake with him to the trailer since he is used to sleeping with Troy anyways. We don't know how Diesel is going to do camping, hopefully okay, time will tell I guess.

We are hoping to go mother's day weekend just the 4 of us with the dogs so I can see how Diesel does. I need to be prepared for Diesel's behavior before we go camping with my dad! HE HE HE!

Sunday was a great day too! We puttered out the yard for the first part of the day and then went to my parents house for my birthday dinner. Of course my cute mom made me a pound cake and it is yummy! I can only tell you all about it because I am stingy and don't share! It has a nice light crunchy crust on the outside and the center is nice and moist! Delicious! Thank you mom!!!

Now on to the friend from the past part of my title. I had a great friend Jenny, that I went to high school with, her step dad passed away last Thursday and the viewing was on Sunday. I was able to make it to the viewing and visit with Jenny for a bit and catch up. She has a darling family! Now we can keep in touch through our blogs. I didn't know her step dad very well, but I want to send my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with her mom as well.

All in all it was a great weekend, I have the sun burnt arms to prove it! LOL! Good thing the boys got their dad's skin and they brown not turn red like me! Typical Utah weather, the boys will wear shorts and tank tops tomorrow and Wednesday and then it's going to snow on Thursday! Oh well before too long I will be bitchin' because it's too hot outside so I will just enjoy the sunshine when we can get it!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are so photogenic! What cute pictures of you and Hunter! I can't wait for the dogs to go camping! They will have so much fun! And I love the picture of TJ in the tub drinking the water. Kids are just too cute! I love the way they think!