Thursday, May 8, 2008

A gushy tire, Hunter got his own shopping cart and planting trees . . .

I took the boys to Ogden on Saturday to get our haircuts while Troy was at work. TJ of course liked his 2nd haircut about as much as the first. I don't have any pictures to post because Troy was at work so I had to help hold TJ. I must say it was quite a production!

We had just left the shop and were on our way to my parents trailer for lunch when I hear this horrible sound coming from my car. Of course I pull over, and low and behold I have a flat tire! Or has Hunter calls it "a gushy tire!" Okay I am sure there are a few of you girls out there that would just take care of the situation, well I am not one of those mechanically inclined kind of wives! Troy was in Tremonton at work, my parents were up Ogden canyon at their trailer. So thanks to Melissa and Jeremy for coming to our rescue. Jeremy had my car ready in no time. I was so frazzled that when I got into the car, I just put it in D to go. I couldn't understand why I wasn't going anywhere. I got out of the car and looked at Jeremy, he just quietly walked over to my car and released the emergency brake! DUH! I tell you I don't handle those kind of situations very well. I didn't dare drive the freeway with a donut tire, so needless to say it was a very long drive from Ogden to Tremonton taking the back road.
On our way through Brigham I stopped at Smith's for a few things. Hunter has always wanted his own shopping cart, but each time we have stopped they have all been used. Well on this day, one was readily available and Hunter was excited. Of course just like the big cart, TJ wanted inside . . .

Sunday was a much better day! We had some friends and my parents over for a BBQ, but before dinner we decided to plant some trees that Leann and Lane had given us. It will take a few years, but it will be nice to finally have some shade in our yard. We are hoping this weekend to plant a few more in our backyard. We have just been trying to get a game plan so Diesel doesn't trample them! Grandma Sue was so nice to jump in and help as well. I just stayed out of the way and took pictures! LOL!


Notice Millie off to the left, making sure everyone was doing it right!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Millie is so cute! I can't wait until we have trees to. I will probably be dead by the time they are as tall as me lol! Such cute kids, such cute pics!

Jenny said...

Michelle, I am right there with you, when Shayne told me I need to learn how to change a tire, I told him that is why I have a cell phone, so I can call someone to come fix it.