Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom and Coloring Easter Eggs . . .

I want to wish my mom a very happy birthday today. My cute mom is my best friend. Sad that it took moving out and getting married to realize how smart my mom really was! Also my mom is the best grandma ever. The boys love their Grandma Sue.

Mom I wanted to thank you for all you do for me and my family. You are loved and appreciated very much! We couldn't ask for a better mom and grandma. I love you very much! Here are some cute photo's of Grandma and her boys . . .
Today was also Aunt's Kari's annual Easter egg coloring party. Troy stayed home to work on the house. The boys and I had a great time though. Hunter enjoyed coloring Easter eggs. He couldn't smile for the camera though, he was concentrating too hard. LOL!
TJ wasn't so sure at first, he was content on eating his candy and just telling me know what color he wanted his eggs. Most of them are green since that is his favorite color!Here TJ is making sure I spelled his name right before we dropped it in the green color.Once we were done coloring eggs I tried to get TJ to smile with Grandma since it was her birthday, but he was having no part of that!
While the kids were coloring Easter eggs, others hid plastic eggs full of candy for the kids to find. They each got 12 eggs and one with their name on it. The special one of each of them had $5 in it. They though that was pretty cool!
After leaving Kari's I took the boys to the dollar store so they could spend their money. They each got a toy, activity/coloring book, a pirate plate, and Spider Man tattoo's. All in all it was a good day. Wish the weather could have been a bit warmer so the boys didn't have to wear jackets. We are excited for the Easter Bunny to visit tonight and see what fun things she leaves for the boys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a super fun day! Hope your mom had a good day. By the way, I love that your Easter Bunny is a she! Very fitting! ;)

Brittni said...

I am NOT looking forward to Easter egg coloring days at all! It looks like it was a fun memory though. You look super cute!