Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandma's 50th Birthday Party . . .

I had a friend make the cake. I know mom was stressing about turning 50 so there was no need to make a black cake.
The boys were being silly this morning before we headed to Ogden so I took a few pictures.
What was suppose to be a big surprise wasn't such a big surprise after all but it still was a great day. Kinda hard to hide all of our cars out front of the Eagles. Dad of course got quite the ear full before they came in. HE HE HE! Mom thought she was going to the Eagles to help Kari decorate Easter eggs for the children's Easter egg hunt (but there was no hunt this year LOL!) We all hid in the back room and yelled surprise when she came in. I love the pointed finger! Like we are all going to get yelled at or something!

We had quite the turn out, lots of friends, new and old. Of course lots of family too! The kids liked to help Grandma open her gifts. The lovely cane is complements of Jeremy, the only one brave enough of all of us kids to do something crazy for mom. She got a kick out of it.

Troy, I and the boys got her the movie Twilight, a plate and a tile with cute sayings for her house. On one of my shopping adventures with Lisa I found a cute "thank you mom" book that I gave her just from me.

Hunter loves to take pictures with my camera and asked if he could take one of me with Grandma, it's not the best angle for us, but I don't want Hunter boy's feelings hurt when he see's this post in the morning and his picture wasn't included. LOL!Grandma and my cute boys. Don't mind Curt in the background trying to be silly.

Troy was cute and took a picture of me and the boys, since I am always the one snapping pictures. Much better angle this time too. LOL!

I have to say thank you to my wonderful hubby who worked until 6:30 this morning and took a quick power nap to be down in Ogden in time for the surprise party. Troy got to be there for the party, but unfortunately he had to leave when it was over to go to work for the night. I feel bad that it will be such a long night for him on such little sleep. Honey know that I love you and appreciate you very much!

After all the food was put away and the decorations taken down, the boys and I hung around for a bit with my parents. The boys played at the pool table. TJ wanted nothing to do with the colored balls . . . he figured out once they went in the hole they never came back unless you put more money in, but the white ball came out every time! It was cute watching them play. Just before we left, TJ decided to sit at the bar with Grandpa!

I finished out the night hanging out with Shayne and Mindy for a few hours while the boys spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa. I have to say it was a great day and I don't mind being in a little bit a trouble with mom, so worth it today! I love you mom!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cute cake for a cute Mom! Love all the pics!