Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My poor Hunter boy . . .

Is home sick today, DANG IT! He woke up this morning at 3:30 complaining of a tummy ache. I told him to go potty and I would get him something to make him feel better. He came running into the kitchen screaming that his tummy hurt and he was going to throw up. I tried to get him to go back to the bathroom but he wanted a bowl instead.

To give you a little history on the bowl . . . since Hunter was one, at least once a year he gets the flu where he throws up constantly every 30 minutes, on the dot practically! When he was one he didn't fully understand that you had to get to the bathroom to throw up, so instead we gave him a bowl so we didn't have to clean up the mess every 30 minutes. Thus he is used to the bowl, and it's far more convenient than running to the toliet every 30 minutes. We just made a little bed on the floor in our room, that way I can get up with him as he needs and he isn't waking up TJ.

Poor little guy. I feel so bad for him. I know I have to keep give him sips of water to keep him hydrated, it's just sad to see it come right back out 30 minutes later. Here in a little bit when TJ wakes up I will go and get some Sprite and with any luck he will be able to keep that down.

Not that I wish my kids sick or anything, but I am glad that it happened today rather than on Friday for Halloween. He has been looking forward to wearing his costume and his little heart would have been broken if he had to stay home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid. Give him a love from Auntie Nic!!