Friday, October 30, 2009

Donut contest at home . . .

Tuesday was the Fall Harvest at Hunter's school. The boys dressed up in their costumes and we headed over for dinner. Once we were finished our nachos and hot dogs we headed to the gym for the festivities. What a freakin' nightmare! I guess they orginally planned to hold the event outside but since it was frigid cold they improvised inside the school! It was wall to wall people.

The boys stood in line for 20 minutes to get their face painted and then saw the donut contest. Donuts were tied to a rod and the kids had to kneel on the floor and eat the donut without using their hands. Whoever did it the fastes got a price. So we headed over to that line, after 30 minutes Troy and I had had enough. Troy went up to the teacher tying donuts on a string and pulled the "I just got called into work card". She was nice and give us three donuts so we grabbed the boys and belined out of there!

We decided to have our own donut contest at home. We tied the donuts to the broom handle, I held it on the counter, we laid down a sheet to help with the mess. Dad and the boys went to town! Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard!

I was laughing so hard that I about dropped the broom over the counter so Troy came to the rescue!
TJ was getting a little discouraged because he had only taken one bit. I told him to just use his hands, it was okay.
I wish the flash wasn't so bad on this picture but I couldn't help posting it. Hunter was hillarious when he got ahold of the donut!
Daddy was the winner!
Even though Troy was done, the boys wanted to continue finishing their donuts on the string . . .
I am so glad that Troy suggested getting the donuts and taking them home. It was much funnier at home as a family than arguing with all the students and parents at the school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine that my brother winning a donut eating contest! Looks like fun! Good plan with taking them home!

Waiting for the One=-) said...

How fun! I love doing things like that with my family.
Your family is so cute=)

Brittni said...

What a cute memory!

Jenny said...

Those pictures are hilarious!!