Monday, August 3, 2009

Pioneer Day 2009 and the Truck Pulls

On Thursday July 23rd Troy and the boys finished putting in our sandbox. Since Troy had to work the weekend, we had Bryan, Kristi and the kids over for dinner and fireworks that Thursday night.

Without fail Jakey is always in the middle of things . . . Dallas, Travis, TJ and Victoria with Hunter buried in the sand . . .
TJ wanted to be buried just like brother . . . After we ate our dinner and it started to get dark, Troy pulled out the fireworks. It was sparkler time first . . .
Here is TJ, Bryan and Hunter enjoying a firework . . . I loved getting the right reaction on camera . . .Hey dad did you see that?TJ was so funny . . . "Mom did you hear that it was so loud?!"After a few loud fireworks TJ decided to hang out in the chair for a minute . . .
After resting a few, TJ couldn't decide if he wanted to be on the left or . . .
the right side of Hunter LOL!
We had a few more sparklers so the boys enjoyed before the grand finale . . .TJ knew the last one was going to be loud so he come and hung out with mom . . .
On Saturday, the boys and I headed to the fairgrounds to watch the truck pulls. It was very hot! We decided to hang out on the East side so the boys could have room to move and be closer to the trucks. Good thing we live close because I ran home to get hats and some sunscreen.
TJ being his normal self for the camera, I am not going to smile, I AM NOT! lolGrandpa Steve and Grandpa Lane would be proud, Hunter's favorite truck what a white chevy. He waited all night for the truck to be lowered.
I bought each of the kids a licorice rope, I think Travis stuffed the whole thing in his mouth at one time . . .
TJ enjoyed his piece by piece . . .
This is how TJ watched the "pull trucks" . . .
Say cheese Hunter . . .
Since Troy couldn't be there with us I took a picture of a Ford truck just for him . . .
The boys thought this yellow truck was cool because it was called BUMBLE BEE!
After the truck pulls we headed to Troy's work to watch the fireworks on the roof. I forgot my camera and I wasn't about to climb down that ladder just to take a picture. All in all it was a fun weekend. Glad I got to spend time with the boys before Travis went home.

No comments: