Friday, August 21, 2009

I am a slacker and trying to get motivated . . .

I feel like a slacker lately. I haven't posted on the blog for weeks. I haven't felt like cleaning so I have just done the bare minimum to get by! So last Sunday I decided I was going to get my act together and tackle one project a night.

Monday: Went thru the boys closets. Boxed up TJ's clothes that were too small to give to Carrie since she is having twin boys in November. I even took the boxes downstairs so we weren't tripping over them in the computer room.

I moved Hunter's 4T shirts to TJ's rod in the closet since there is no sense in boxing that stuff up. In a month they will fit TJ. A few weeks ago mom and I got all of Hunter's school clothes, but I have left them in the sack so Hunter wouldn't bug me to wear them. Once I cleaned out their closets I hung all the new clothes up, reminding Hunter that school doesn't start until the 31st so don't bother asking to wear his new clothes, because the answer will be NO!

I did cave yesterday though and he got to wear a new Iron Man t-shirt and his new sketcher shoes to back to school night! TJ got to wear his new Iron Man shirt too!

Sorted all the laundry downstairs so I could do two or three loads a night so it wasn't so much come the weekend. Vacuumed the house and wiped down the kitchen.

Tuesday: Got a call from Troy at work that our basement was flooded. The black hose on our AC unit came off so the garden hose ran full blast all Monday night until Troy found it at 3pm Tuesday. We didn't have feet of water, but enough to make everything soggy. Note: all those boxes I took downstairs on Monday, yeah they are soggy. Should have just left the damn boxes upstairs and tripped over them for a week! GRRRR! To boot, 10 loads of laundry in the hallway were damp, Troy just put them in a one big pile and placed it in the computer room. Oh the funs of tripping over laundry while trying to get the dogs out back.

Troy moved all the furniture and boxes out of Trav's room, shop vac'd what he could, then tore out the carpet from the bedroom down the hallway to our washer and dryer. We learned that our patio that Troy put in, is the same square footage as our basement. Just enough room to lay the carpet out to dry. LOL!

Wednesday: Washed the bathroom towels, our sheets and quilt. Even got Troy to flip our mattress.

Thursday was a crappy day at work. I wanted to leave at 3:30 for back to school night, but instead payroll was late, it didn't arrive until 4:30. I raced home, we walked to the school and got to meet Hunter's teacher. I really didn't do much after that. I couldn't believe our basement wasn't dry yet! I am really going to have to wait until next week to put things back together? I took a nap from 6 to 7, I was ready to throw in the towel!

Today . . .Friday: much better day! Started working on month end at work. Once I got home I started the laundry again, then decided to update the blog. With any luck I can get in a groove through the weekend and get lots done! Our house needs some TLC!

No comments: