Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well it's official . . .

We are parents of a teenager! LOL! Today is Trav's 13th birthday! We met Grandma and Grandpa in Brigham tonight for dinner at Winger's. Troy told our waiter about Trav's birthday. It was great . . . they brought out a huge piece of mint oreo pie singing and clapping just for Travis.

Proud Grandpa Steve, our birthday boy and a cheesy grin from Hunter . . .
Of course each time I tried to take a picture of TJ he would turn his head. But I had to post because I loved Grandma Sue's smile . . .
Finally after a few tries I got the front side of TJ, what a goofy boy . . . Travis asked if he could make his own birthday cake this year so after I put the boys to bed Saturday night, we pulled out the mixer and Travis went to town. He did a fabulous job! He did everything by himself. I have to admit it was the fluffiest cake I have seen in a longer time. Nothing like chocolate fudge cake with chocolate fudge frosting. YUMMY!
On Sunday we had his birthday party. Before the festive event my cute friend Carrie and her son Daniel came to play for a few hours. The boys played in the pool, rode the quads and jumped on the tramp. It was nice to have some girl time while our boys enjoyed the sunshine. Here is Travis, Daniel and Hunter posing for the camera . . .
Travis received just over $150 from family and friends, then Troy and I gave him $100 for his birthday. Tonight he bought himself a DSi. He has wanted a DS and a digital camera, so why not get the combo piece that has both. LOL! Here is Great Grandma Poorte and Grandma Rue with Travis opening his cards . . .Before we lit the candles Hunter had to make sure there really was 13 candles on the cake and TJ wasn't far behind to help blow out the candles . . .
It's hard to believe that Travis was only 15 months old when Troy and I got married. Where has the time gone? He has grown into a fine young man and we love him very much!

No comments: