Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Old" McDonald Magic Show & an ankle update

This past Thursday the Ronald McDonald Magic show (Old McDonald's, as my boys call it) was at Hunter's pre-school. Parents and younger siblings were invited as well. I thought it would be fun to take TJ.
I made TJ a hat for Christmas and we don't leave the house without it. "Old McDonald" kept calling TJ Frank Sinatra and saying "Singing in the Rain". TJ didn't find it funny but at least he gave me a cute smile for the picture.When Hunter's class came into the gym, Hunter boy ran straight for TJ and I. We gave him a kiss, but I told him he should sit with his friends from school and we would see him afterwards. It was good plan since TJ wasn't too impressed with the show. He needed a drink and to go potty several times. Hunter thought it was great! He has a habit of sucking on his fingers when he is excited. Of course my phone camera doesn't take the best pictures, but at least you get the idea.
Ronald put on an okay show, the last 20 minutes was great and the kids loved it. I think he spent too much time at the beginning talking so the kids weren't too interested until he pulled out the balloons at the end. He had a great message about reading books and Hunter had a great time so I guess that is all that matters.
So about my ankle . . .

I called my OB's office because Troy has been freaking out about the swelling, insisting it was my heart. Deb, my doctor's nurse, just chuckled as she listened to my story. Basically it is a stress pocket, I have irritated my ankle enough and once it's ready to heal the swelling will go down, could take four to six months to heal, all depending on my body. The brace really wasn't doing anything, my ankle was still swollen at night so I took the damn thing off. After the orthapedic surgeon had tried everything to get the swelling to go down, he would have come to the same conclusion Deb said, different mind sets I guess. So lesson learned, call Deb first, when something is wrong before we fork out hundreds of dollars to have someone else try and fix whatever is wrong with me!

No comments: