Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Anniversary, some more great deals and our cute boys . . .

Happy anniversary to my cute mom and dad yesterday celebrating 33 years! Unfortunately my mom has had the flu for a week so she spent the day on the couch. We usually do dinner on Sunday with my parents, but she was still too sick today to come up. Dang it! I hope you get feeling better soon mom! We love you!!! LaRue came up for the afternoon and the kids had a fun day with their grandma.

Lisa and I went shopping Friday night and I got some killer deals. The steamer veggie packages were $1.27 at Wal-mart. They actually rang up $1.08 and Lisa had ten $1.00 off coupons so I got them for .08 cents a piece! She didn't think I could beat the .27 cents she paid earlier in the week, but lucky for me I did! Lisa also shared her deodrant and kids toothpaste coupons, final price for deodrant was .17 cents and kids toothpaste was $1.75. She got several feminine products for free after using her coupons, I think we made out like bandits! Smith's was still having their mega deals so we both saved and stocked up there too! Lisa you are a god send and I appreciate your help with getting me going on saving money with my coupons! I was really hesitant to start the coupon cutting with pinching your pennies, but after saving almost $300 this month I am hooked!
Glad I could save money on groceries because a light bulb went out on our big screen TV Thursday night. The dang thing was $200 to replace! Oh well, not something we expected, but needed to fix. Unfortunately we had to cancel our date night with Nichole, Clint, Mindy and Shayne with this added expense. Good thing we have great and understanding friends. I look forward to rescheduling!

Happy birthday to Nichole on Thursday! She threw herself a birthday party Saturday, it was fun to get out and have lunch with the girls! While I was in Ogden Troy was home with the boys. TJ was suppose to be taking a nap . . . RIGHT!
Unfortunatly those are not washable markers and the poor kid has to wear the stuff off! LOL! I tried to scrub off what I could but there are still faint lines on his cute little face. He knew he was in trouble the minute I opened the door. Hunter boy had left out his Spider man markers and TJ decided to help himself. Sorry the pictures are blurry I am having issues with my digital camera. GRRRR!
I know this is a long post, but it's been a week and alot has happened. Last night Troy built a fire in our fire pit. While the boys and I were inside for a minute Troy raked the coals. Well the rake broke and we walked out just as Troy put down the metal piece of the rake. Not knowing what had just happened and before Troy would say "don't touch" Hunter went over and grabbed it. Holy crap he made an awful scream! The poor kid had black plastic burned into his skin. I wish I would have taken a picture but that wasn't the priority last night. We brought him in the house for a cold wash cloth and ice cubes. He cried and shook for almost an hour. I felt awful, Troy felt even worse and blamed himself. After convincing Hunter that the aloe vera plant wouldn't hurt, Troy cut off a small piece and laid it on the burn. It helped immensely! I thought for sure this morning Hunter's hand could be blistered, but there is only a tiny blister on his index finger. Thank goodness because it could have been alot worse! Hunter has learned he does not touch anything by the fire without asking first!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute post but I feel so bad about poor Hunter's hand! Hopefully it will continue to heal quickly! I have loved couponing with you! Can't wait for our next trip! Love you! Oh, and I hope your cute Mom gets better soon! That sucks! Hate to see her sick!

Jenny said...

That is so funny about T.J and the markers, you will look back on those pictures and laugh. Not so funny about Hunter and his hand, poor kid, I hope his hand feels better soon.

Brittni said...

It is so motivating to see you & Lisa (yes...I'm stalking you slightly - nice to meet you :) ) get such great deals with pinching your pennies. Stephanie has me talked into it & I've gotten 2 weeks worth of coupons all organized & figuring out the websites...it's so intimidating!

Love the markers - LOL. Such fun things to look forward to.