Friday, August 22, 2008

Troy's work party and my new ride . . .

We decided to go to Troy's work party last Saturday, it sure was fun to let go and let them enjoy the rides . . .
The green and yellow attraction you see above in the back ground is what Hunter is running through on the next few pictures. He had a blast!

TJ wasn't quite sure at first, but once the swings got going it got used to the idea . . .
TJ liked the play ground better, he loves to take the tunnel to the slide . . .
Hunter saw the face painting and decided he wanted a blue spider . . .


After the work party we headed to Logan to pick up my ride. My car died a few weeks ago and I have been borrowing one of my parents. Troy is still going to try and fix my car (we think I got bad gas). My car doesn't owe us anything, it was my dad's for years and he gave it to Troy and I a few years ago, it's a 1993 chevy lumina and has over 200k miles on it, but it has been a great car to get me back and forth to work. Troy and I have talked for awhile about getting a family car so we can park the big diesel truck since diesel prices are outrageous. We wanted the 3 rows so all 3 boys have plenty of room. So after much negotiation, this is the cute new SUV we brought home. It's a 2005 Ford Explorer. I am very proud of ourselves because we got it for $6000 less than the asking price and it was below low book. Pays to be persistant! LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY nice new ride! I love it!

Sharida said...

Sweet ride! I can't wait to get a new ride that will fit the 3 kids better than being squished together in the back of an accord. 3 car seats sure do take up a lot of room.