Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home Recovering . . .

I had a hysterectomy last Tuesday. A much needed surgery! Hopefully in 6 weeks I will be a new woman. I was only in the hospital over night which was nice, but I have to thank Lisa for making sure I was taken care of. She doesn't work for the hospital anymore since she is a stay at home mom for Gracie, but she still made sure I had the best nurse, the best gas man, and everyone knew who I was and I was treated like gold! Thank you so much Lisa, you are appreciated more than you know!


Thanks to Dr. Kirkman for taking care of me and performing the surgery. He told Troy that my pain was justified, I guess I was just a mess inside. Hopefully when the recovery pain is all gone I can get back to a normal life. I did get to keep my ovaries so at least I don't have to go on hormone therapy! With any luck I can start to work on my weight again since I am larger than life! Working on my weight wasn't a priority when I couldn't control the pain . . . I just ate to deal with things and WOW have I paid for it this last year! With any luck I can find the strength to force myself to go to Weight Watchers and will look a tad bit better by next summer! LOL


Both my parents and Lisa sent flowers to brighten my day . . . Thank you and I love you!!!

I am working part-time from home, but with any luck by the end of the month I will be back to work full time. It's amazing how working just 4 to 5 hours wipes me out. With any luck my body will heal a lot in the next week and I will be almost 100% by the 30th. Wishful thinking I know, but it's a nice thought!

I have to say thank to my husband too! He has been a trooper through all of this. I can't lift more than 10 lbs for the next 6 weeks and having 3 dogs the vacuuming has to be done daily. I am truly blessed to have such a great hubby! Thanks to my great friend Angie too who comes to vacuum for me!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I wondered why you hadn't posted in a while. I hope you get feeling better and back on your feet soon!

Lisa said...

What cute posts. You deserve the best and only the best! I love you so much and I have got to get back on the weight wagon with you also! Love you!

Robin & Carolyn Thackeray said...

I hope all is will, I am so sorry I have not call before now, 2 jobs keeps a person very busy.(NO EXCUSE)Don't get to settled in at home, you may get to like it much to much LOL... Take care
Love Carolyn

Adam and Sherry said...

I am glad you are doing better!! I love all your new posts it looks like you had tons of fun before your surgery. Keep taking care of yourself and get better soon. :)

Brittni said...

I hope that you are feeling better! It is good to hear that things went well. Your family is so adorable and looks like you are always having fun. Keep in touch!